giovedì 10 novembre 2011

how to have a better relationship with oneself

as in all relationships, it's all about communication!
I can tell you that, because I it's not one of my strongest points (even if I study communication), but as I'm a very positive person (most of the time) I would call my "talent" for ruining relationships..

if you say too much, it won't work...everyone needs his/her secrets!
if you say too little...it means you accept whatever...don't you have your own opinion?
if it is just a relationship based on somewhat called love, then well...everyone needs change from time to time..and I make sure my relationships don't go on for too long...
but if it is my relationship with myself...then that's a problem...it is quite difficult to find another me when I get sick of my old one..
my body does a great job communicating when I sleep to little (I look particularly good then), or takes its revenge when I drink too much (in form of a horrible hangover that can last as long as a couple of days)...
my brain on the contrary prefers not to communicate too much...or when it does it loves contradicting itself...
so..if I wanted to know what I really want, I would get no answer at all...or all the answers that might come up would be contradicted somehow...
if I don't know what I want, how can I be happy?
..it's simple! ...if you don't tell me what you want, then you'll have to live with what you get!
dear brain...don't communicate!
I'm happy with life as it is...I don't need to make any plans for the future... that would only give you a chance to tell me that it's NOT what you want.
I would say in the relationship with myself I do understand that my body needs to communicate to slow me down from time to time...but my brain...please just let me live!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento